5.16.2014

#EveryDayinMay Poetry Friday with Tellagami

Make sure to go see what Crystal is up to today!
This week's Poetry Friday Link Up is hosted by Elizabeth Steinglass. For more wonderful poetry, hop on over there and check out all the links!

My supervisor recently gave me copies of The Poetry Friday Anthology by Sylvia Vardell and Janet Wong for both my campuses. There are weekly poems inside for grades K-5, along with tips on reading each poem with your class. I've only scanned it briefly so far, but I'm eager to read through several more poems! I thought it might be fun to make videos for teachers to use next year in class with some of the poems -- you guys, if I could stand on my head and recite poetry, and if it would get more poetry into classrooms -- I would do it!



So here is my first attempt! I used a fun app called Tellagami. It's free, and allows you to create a character and either record your voice or use text to speech to animate a 30 second video. You can choose from the backgrounds provided or upload your own image.

This is me reciting Night Comes by Deborah Chandra, which is in the 5th grade section for week 32 and chosen as a poem for noticing metaphor and simile. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I have to show this to my kids. There are so many apps out there!

    ReplyDelete