5.01.2003

Besides my desire to root out some of Wallace Steven's work, I think Anais Nin will also be within my next purchases...

"No one but a woman in love ever sees the maximum of men's greatness." June 18, 1934 from Incest

"Creation which cannot express itself becomes madness." October 18, 1936 from Fire

"Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous." Winter, 1931-1932 from The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Volume One 1931-1934

"for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living." February, 1932 from The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Volume One 1931-1934

"This image of herself as a not ordinary women, an image which was trembling now in his eyes, might suddenly disappear. Nothing more difficult to live up to than men’s dreams." from Children of the Albatross

Yeah, what she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment