1.09.2003

Twelve Months


12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days a year, nothing works. Your children are not educated properly. Your grandparents do not get proper care. The judicial system does not work in your favor. You are oblivious to this. You choose to see what you want to see. You see what they want you to see.

I see it all. I feel it, too. I can sit with you endless hours and tell you what it feels like to live in the real world. So, pray. Pray to whatever God or entity you subscribe to that you never feel that pain.

"Mom, why is there a burning cross in our yard?" "Mom, why are there men with white masks on, standing on our street?" Perhaps it's because they live in a world that was created to suit their 'needs'. Now when I say needs, I mean their comfort zone. What happens when someone leaves their comfort zone? What happens when you leave your comfort zone? You know what happens when I leave my comfort zone? I ADAPT! I fucking adapt! Others, do not. They hate. They do not feel. They do not care. They do..... nothing. And doing nothing makes a choice. You've made a choice to do nothing. If everyone would advocate something they believed in on a daily basis that did NOT involve hatred, this world would work. And I mean on every level. Stop and think of something that does not involve hatred in some form or fashion, whether it's political or picking up groceries from the store. Think about somewhere down the line, does that action breed hate? If it does, don't advocate it. It's that simple. Get out of your fucking comfort zone and stop breeding HATRED!

If you are not a parent, you've never felt the hate I speak of, so don't even try. The pain of a child is the deepest possible pain a parent can endure. If even one good thing comes out of my pain today. It's that I begin to advocate yet another program that does not breed hate.

A wise person told me. "It's ok to hurt, it's not ok to act on that hurt." I did not act, today. I chose love. I will continue, through this pain, and I will choose love. In it's many purest forms, love cannot ever breed hate.

12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days a year, love works.

No comments:

Post a Comment