8.27.2002

It's always so surreal to sit and send off my resumes while I listen to the fax machine take away the little blips of information and transport them out into the world. I always wonder.... who is standing at the fax machine, who reads my resumes first.... do they get tossed in the trash, and if so, how often. Do they laugh at my resume. Do they choose someone elses resume over mine, because it looks better.

Those are the kinds of things I think about when I listen to my fax machine make it's noise.
I still have no offers. The job market sucks people. At least, I'm not the only one who is having this problem. Which isn't comforting at all.

I'm happy to report my phone is still on. Which is an act of God, I assure you. Thank you, Lord and Savior.
I feel like I'm running in slow motion now. I had a complete mental, ok well not complete, mental breakdown yesterday. The tranquilizer helped muchly, it kept me from going to the hospital. I then realized I shouldn't be so upset about trivial things. Really. Everything is going to happen the way it's going to happen. And I have to accept it and move on. It won't do anyone any good, least of all me, to have a breakdown. Life cannot be enjoyed from the windows of a mental ward. Not even if the view is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment