9.15.2000

My sis tells me these entries have gotten too long. Since she is the only person (besides possibly Brian and Stormy) that read this thing religiously, I am going to be nice and brief -- just for her.

I need your help with something. I'm interested in finding out how different people view the world. Heh. Now, I don't care about your belief system or morals or anything that profound (Actually, I *do*, but that's not what this is about). I have a question. If you're reading this, I'm begging you to answer me! And pass it on to your friends. It's a simple question, I promise, but I am truly interested. And hey -- if you amaze me, I will put your response up here for the three people that read this. So, here it is.

How do you SEE things?

What do I mean? Well, let me tell you. I was walking across campus this evening, and as I walked, my eyes wandered the area. I took in the trees, various plants, people, and buildings. I noticed exactly what the sky looked like, and each small cloud that dotted its expanse. As usual, in noticing these things, I was forced to notice that I look at everything like it is a painting. Anything I see, I instantly pick apart into all its different colors, shades, and angles ... trying to decide ... if I were an artist, how I would create it. What would I do, specifically, to make that tree, rock, building, bench, whatever! to look as perfect as it does up close. I do this all the time. When I look at a tree, I first notice the entire structure. Then I scan in and notice the branches, twigs, leaves ... the way the bark looks .. its surface, any holes ... changes in shadow, and different colors that dance across it.

I said I would be brief. I've failed already, I think. But I hope you get the point. To me, the world is a giant canvas ... I see it all as a beautiful painting. Too bad I don't paint. As meticulous as I am in my mind, I might actually be good at it. I wish there were some way to convey to you how real this process is ... and how instantaneous. Within seconds I turn entire landscapes into a palette of colors.

What do you do? DO you even notice the things around you? I'm honestly curious. When you're walking or driving or riding along ... on your way from one place to another -- what do you see??

Email me ... Use AIM to IM me at Paradoxikel ... just let me know. Consider it your good deed for the day. I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment