3.30.2013

#Slice2013 - Day 30 of 31

The floors are done!

Let me repeat that: the floors are done!

The harlequin pattern turned out beautifully. In fact, I can barely believe I am responsible for how amazing they are! Immediately upon brushing on the last stroke, I took pictures and mass texted everyone I could think of that might care. I danced around the house sing-songing that everyone must quickly, "Come look, come look!"

Unfortunately, both The Husband and Mom-in-Love were busy finishing up the second coat of paint in the living room.

So I waited. And waited.

"Now??" I demanded, as they finished up their work.

They oohed and ahhed and I thought about my children when they were younger, how they would grab my hand and drag me off to see their latest Lego creation or video game triumph. How even the littlest things gave them such huge feelings of accomplishment, and how I went shuffling along behind them, smile at the ready, to share those moments with them.

And so I looked at the new floor, and smiled at my own accomplishment, eager to share it with our Littles, happy to be creating a space that feels like home.

1 comment: