4.23.2012

T: tattoos, turtles


t
TATTOOS
I have two. There are at least three more I’d like to have.

TURTLES
Remember when I divulged my strange fascination with elephants? Well, here’s some more truth. I also love turtles. What is it about me a slow, wrinkly, ancient-looking animals?

Once, when I was driving down a neighborhood road on the way to Something Really Important, I saw a turtle lying right in the middle of the road. I did the only natural thing – I pulled over, grabbed the lost little turtle, turned around and took it home. He lived in a box full of random backyard vegetation for the rest of the night. When I got back from that Really Important Something I was off doing, we grabbed the turtle box and took him down to a nearby park.

I’m pretty sure this story makes me a wildlife hero, saving small animals from a terrible car-related tragedy.

Or a terribly irresponsible animal killer that left a turtle to his untimely doom.

Sometimes, it’s hard to tell the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment