4.19.2012

Q: quotes I love



q

QUOTES I LOVE
But love is much like a dam: if you allow a tiny crack to form through which only a trickle of water can pass, that trickle will quickly bring down the whole structure, and soon no one will be able to control the force of the current.
By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept, Paulo Coehlo

I am going to sit here with you by the river. If you go home to sleep, I will sleep in front of your house. And if you go away, I will follow you – until you tell me to go away. Then I’ll leave. But I have to love you for the rest of my life.
By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept, Paulo Coehlo

It is a fool's prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak.
-Dream
The Quotable Sandman, Neil Gaiman

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.” 
The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones, Neil Gaiman

“There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily, and so do dreams and hearts.” 
Fragile Things, Neil Gaiman

“I’ve been thinking about the future lately. Well, actually, I’ve been thinking about The Jetsons.”
My sister, circa 2000

“Safety third!”
My darling husband, circa 2010


1 comment:

  1. Smart man that Neil Gaiman.
    I really need to read the rest of his books...

    ReplyDelete