4.18.2012

P: perseids, popcorn, procrastinate


p

PERSEIDS
I hope you’ve seen the Perseids. I hope you’ve stayed up late, spread a blanket on the ground, grabbed a bottle of wine, and snuggled close to a loved one – all to watch the best fireworks show of the year. I hope you were as amazed as I am every year in August as I gaze at the sky, counting each blaze of light that sails across the horizon. And I hope, if you haven’t laughed into the darkness, pointing and shouting, “There! There! Did you see it?!” that come this August, you will.



POPCORN           
Yes, I have gone to the movies just to have the popcorn. With butter.

PROCRASTINATION





8 comments:

  1. I tried once but arrived a mite too early, drank the full bottle of wine and slept. Joking, of course. I have yet to do as you suggest.

    But popcorn! Oh, yeah! I believe I'll nuke some Orville tonight and watch 'Safe House'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huzzah! We can all rally around some popcorn love!

      Delete
  2. I loved your post. Very enlightening. I'll be out in August, watching for the Perseids. I'm doing the A to Z campaigning. It's nice meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to add a new Perseid's watcher to the club! ;)

      Delete
  3. Sometimes, we go to the theatre and buy the popcorn and bring it home to watch a dvd. I'm addicted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find strength in knowing there are other popcorn addicts out there! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi
      I try to go out and watch the Perseids every year. They were spectacular when I lived in Arizona like pouring rain - truly amazing. Here in the state of Washington we are lucky to get a clear enough night to see them. When you do you lay on your back gazing at the heaven and say oh there was one, wait 3-10 minutes, oh there was another. Ok I've had enough of this - ahh but I remember that night in Arizona when the stars fell like rain.

      Enjoyed your post -

      Happy A-Zing

      Margot
      http://devotionals-margot.blogspot.com/
      http://mosaic-margot.blogspot.com/

      Delete