If Indira means Beauty, then Beth Ash Ayrton has done an amazing job matching the environment of her Carrolton salon to its namesake. I walked into Indira a little frenzied from the usual stress of traffic and searching for a place I've never been before, but within minutes felt relaxed and at peace. Part of this is due to the invigorating scent that fills the salon and the rich, earthy decor, but Indira is a place of great beauty because of both the aesthetics and the people. There is a friendly, comfortable vibe that flows through the salon and invites you to stay a while.
The Aveda concept salon has tons of product with testers so you can sample to your heart's content. I wasn't familiar with Aveda, so it was pretty interesting to find out about this innovative company. Besides the amazing products that are made from naturally-derived plants, they really strive to give back to the economy and ecosystems where the plants are harvested. I love this dedication to being eco-friendly, and was amazed by how well the products work.
After being offered a drink (white wine, anyone?) and an iPad to play with, Beth and I took my "before" pics:
Needless to say, I was definitely ready to meet Nina, my stylist for the day.
It didn't take long for me to realize that Nina is a true artist at heart. She took time to sit with me and discuss the look I was hoping to achieve, then added her own creative insight and launched into a plan. I was treated to a to-die-for neck and shoulder rub before we began the process of lifting my bland mousy brown locks into the gorgeous blonde I wanted for the summer. The shoulder rub might be worth the visit alone -- Nina, watch out, I may come back just for a quick mini-massage!
I don't know about you, but often the time spent with a stylist (which can be hours, right ladies??) is sort of awkward. Not this time. Nina and I chatted about music, design, art and more, all while she kept me informed about why she was choosing certain techniques and products. She was consistently focused on my comfort -- did I mention the neck and shoulder rub? Or the arm and hand massage while my toner was setting? Oh, or the hot towel wrap? One of the things we talked about was Sanskrit, and how the word "bliss" in Sanskrit can be said in more than 30 ways. My experience with Nina at Indira is a perfect example of why people need more than one word to describe things like bliss. 5 letters just doesn't capture it!
Next, LaToya and I sat down to look at the Aveda makeup. LaToya is the first face you see when you walk in the door, but she is also the resident makeup whiz. I think it must be pretty difficult to meet her and not instantly feel like old friends. She is just another reason going to Indira feels like an afternoon hanging out with your besties. After I chose some colors (you know I went all bright and colorful, right??), she set to work on making my eyes really pop. In just a few minutes, we were done and ready to take my after pics!
So, here's what you've been waiting for -- the final product AND the rules you need for the giveaway one of my lucky readers is going to win!
Rules For The Awesome Indira Summer Giveaway (rules must be followed correctly for entries to be counted!)
1. Follow Indira on Facebook and leave a message on their page about my makeover! Then post about the giveaway on your own FaceBook page. You can use this message, or make your own: "I just entered the Indira Summer Giveaway at http://www.projectchameleon.blogspot.com to win a complete makeover!" (mandatory entry)
2. Follow this blog (one entry)
3. Follow Indira on Twitter and tweet this message about the contest: I just entered the @indirasalon Summer Makeover Giveaway at http://www.projectchameleon.blogspot.com! #indiragiveaway (one entry)
4. Blog about this giveaway, and link back to this blog and the Indira FaceBook page (3 entries!)
5. Leave a comment on this blog telling me exactly which entries you have completed, tallying your points, and leaving links to the FaceBook, Twitter and/or blog posts you made. Don't forget to leave an email address so you can be contacted if you are the winner!! (mandatory entry)
On Tuesday, June 28, we will use Random.org to choose the lucky winner!!
All winners will be chosen via Random.org. Winners will be chosen within one week of the giveaway closing and will be posted once the prize is claimed by the chosen winner. If the person(s) chosen do not respond to our contact within 72 hours a new winner will be chosen.