6.28.2010

Wherein I Scatter Proper Nouns Hither and Yon

Today was an amazing day filled with poetry, and naturally, that made me very happy.  At NWP we talked about how to let kids use today's lyrics to get inspired for poetry.  We read poetry.  About dogs. (Completely unrelated to the discussion on lyrics!)  Poetry and cute little cuddly puppies!  C'mon, that's fun!

I know, I know.  The Husband often looks at me that way too.

This week, I need to finish eight (EIGHT) of my multigenre pieces, slap down a piece of writing I think is suitable for the anthology, and say goodbye to all my wonderful new friends from Summer Institute.  Not looking forward to any of that.  Well, the writing part wouldn't be so bad if I had half a second to think clearly and finish it.  Oh, and let's not forget the goal of sparing a minimum of 30 minutes a day on my WIP.

Tomorrow is our Open House (this is the post of many proper nouns!), in which I get to show off the amazingness that is Summer Institute to The Husband and friends.  Also, I will meet Donalyn Miller, author of The Book Whisperer!  I am so excited!  I certainly hope I don't do anything stupid, like say, babble incoherently and come off as a complete nincompoop.  Sadly, I can see both in my future.

And this is a particularly ridiculous thing!  I am a grown woman.  I am a teacher.  I am moderately intelligent.  She is also all these things.  What separates us?  A book.  A published book.

Oh, and the fact that she is quite obviously a teaching genius.  My rockin' awesone teacher status is yet to be seen.

Regardless, I'll be sure to take pictures, and attempt witty conversation.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment