2.22.2004

Weekend update

There's nothing quite like a relaxing weekend with Elvis. And that's exactly what we got.

Friday night we kept busy with the ever-so-fun spanish studies. Elvis is convinced I'm a big cheater. I'm saying whatever keeps my grades up this semester is good stuff.

Saturday there was class, basketball games, and a trip with Dave to the local PetSmart. Dave fell in love with a 14 week-old great dane and a fuzzy stuffed snake. We left the great dane behind, but the snake came home with us. For dinner we ordered in, and Seestah, Memo, and Fathead came for a visit. Giblet and Dave played ever-so-nicely, and Fathead kept us all entertained with his amazing conversation skills.

Then I introduced Seestah to FFX2. I'm not sure she enjoys it as much as I do.

Today we were heathens and skipped church. I feel bad about it, but I really did enjoy sleeping in for once. This week is Ash Wednesday. For the next 40 days I'll be up at the church fairly nonstop. I really enjoy this time of year. It seems to renew my faith, and I could seriously use some strength right about now. By Wednesday I need to decide what I'm giving up for Lent ... hm. I'll be praying about that.

For now, I'm off to study. I am so thankful to actually have good grades when there are so many other things going on.

Now, if May would just get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment