10.12.2003

Today I received what may end up being the greatest compliment of my life.

Elvis and I were discussing the book I am reading, and in it there are questions that help you to understand where you are on your faith walk. He told me that I have made him more comfortable discussing his own Christianity with other people. Before meeting me, this was something he didn't always pursue. Truthfully, I used to be embarassed to talk about my faith. I feared the reaction other people would give me. It's only within the last year or so that I have come to a place where I can be open. And even now I struggle sometimes. But growth, no matter how small, is still growth.

What awesome confirmation that I am where God wants me to be, doing the work He put me here to do. To know that I am helping and not hindering a person in reaching their God potential ... well, there is just a quiet satisfaction there -- a happiness that I can't quite explain. I've never experienced anything quite like this before. I've never had the blessing of such a God centered relationship.

I don't know that I could be more pleased than I am right now.

1 comment: