7.05.2003

This Independence Day has come and gone, and much as was expected, it was rather relaxing ... with the exception of the 5am trip to the airport, but what can you do?

Today we saw Elvis leave the country (I told you that was coming!). I hope Mexico treats him well, and I really don't have much to say about that, because I opted for Texas and he's frolicking in the sand. I could attempt sand frolicking, but where I am I can't imagine that would be much fun.

We did however have a fun-filled family barbecue, with a movie and a game of cards. The movie was excellent and now I want to read the book, and the cards were interesting even though I had no idea what I was doing.

Good times.

Tomorrow is the day de Stormwa, in which we do as much of nothing as humanly possible, with the exception of a maybe book store trip.

Sunday I (finally) go back to church, and then of course it's work as usual -- which, due to my inherent laziness and schoolwork, I really have a lot to do in the next three weeks. Let's hope I become a productive individual and don't lose my job because of the summer blues.

I really need a more structured schedule to maintain mental health.

Also this week is (hopefully) my session with a nifty personal trainer at the gym, who will tell me how to lose 20 pounds and look like a rockstar by September. Ha. We'll see.

So. Happy 5th of July, people. Hope yours was as relaxing as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment