12.03.2001

This morning as I was corralling my children out the door, Daegan called to me from the kitchen. I arrived to find a large pool of regurgitated oatmeal on the floor.

"My tummy hurts," he says.

I call in to work and let my boss know that he's sick (though I think she was suspicious -- but hey, she didn't have to watch the cat slide through the oatmeal now, did she?) Then I take Steven to school and head to WalGreens, where the land of medicinal cures awaited me. I bought fever suppressor, cough suppressor, general achiness suppressor, and enough caffeine to assure my own state of euphoria.

Upon leaving the lovely WalGreens store, I saw a poster that gave me reason to pause:

"Prozac customers, you are generic!"


What?? I stopped in my tracks, thinking perhaps I should have a word with the manager, explaining how this sort of poster probably shouldn't be displayed. But a second glance proved my worries were needless:

"Prozac customers, you have a new generic!"


Ooh. I see. Of course, a new generic what, I'm not sure. Prozac customers, you have a new generic love life? Career? Who knows. But I'm going to hope they're talking about prescriptions and go my own way.

And hope I'll see no more oatmeal today.

No comments:

Post a Comment