12.11.2001

It's raining. Since early this morning there has been a steady drone of raindrops on the roof of my home, roof of the school, roof of my car, roof of my head. Somehow the rain has pushed its way into my brain and my head is full and slopping around and confused.

I cried after the program rehearsal today. Just because.

And I don't want to do a thing after work. I just want to start a fire in the fireplace, snuggle up with my blanket and sit on the couch. I want to reread Woodpecker since I haven't bought anything else worthy of being read recently.

But I can't do that.

What I can do is return home, light that fire, snuggle up with my kids on the couch and do homework together. And maybe we'll have hot chocolate. And cookies. And we'll tickle and tumble and tease one another until it's bedtime.

And that's okay too.

No comments:

Post a Comment