4.07.2001

Have you ever lost touch (but not really lost it, because you could get in touch but for some reason you just can't manage to do it?) with someone important?

I don't mean losing touch with somone you used to go to school with, or misplacing the phone number of a friend from an old job or anything ...

I mean ... have you ever felt like you've fallen out of grace with one of the only people that you ever truly felt bonded to?

I feel like I've lost a sister (No, Shannon dear, not you). Like a lifeline has broken, and something is hideously wrong now.

It's probably one of the most agonizing feelings in the world.

It's very lonely without her.

Because I can build other friendships, and I have other (however few) people that I can share visions with ... but I just can't fill the empty space that she used to occupy.

So each day I send out silent little prayers, and hope that she is well. And each night I go to sleep, and wonder how someone so tremendously important to me can vanish so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment