3.04.2001

Well I've toiled over which fairy tale to use here as my very first daily link to what is, in my mind, one of the most overlooked and interesting forms of literature to uncover. I've always been interested in fairy tales and folklore, but for a number of years I let that interest lie dormant. Thankfully, my love for fairy tales has been reborn. I've decided to share with you the story that reminded me of this lost passion.

Snow, Glass, Apples is a story done in 1994 by Neil Gaiman. I found it while perusing The Dreaming, a site any Gaiman fan has seen, no doubt. Upon reading this gothic revival of Snow White, I fell in love with not only it, but with fairy tales all over again. I was fortunate enough to find (on eBay, even) one of the 5000 copies ever published in pristine condition, and it now rests happily with my collection of fairy tales on a little corner of my bookshelves.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment