3.28.2001

I took a nap.

I woke up to the blaring sound of a newscaster yelling about a tornado down in Fort Worth. Naturally (I live 20 minutes south of Ft. Worth), I jump up and stare, quite bewildered, at the TV. I'm boring holes into the radar image, trying to figure out what is going on, when I realize there is print at the bottom of the screen. It says, "March 28, 2000".

Thank you, FOX 4 (click Weather, then Texas Tornadoes), for scaring the hell out of me. Thank you for having an unnatural desire to celebrate the "anniversary" of a tornado that nearly devastated two major cities.

In fact, why don't we start celebrating other tragedies? Why stop at natural disasters? I'm sure there are countless muders, rapes, and kidnappings that we can start celebrating.

Afterall, isn't it always better to focus on the negative? Shouldn't we forget the good and remember the bad?

Yep, that's what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment