3.09.2013

#Slice2013 - Day 9 of 31


I sat forever trying to decide what to slice this evening... by 11:15 tonight these words started swirling around my head and I figured a newly forming poem is better than nothing for a Slice-in-time!

I wrote first, with crayon.
Loop the loops and bright zig-zaggedy bolts
that sped across the page, hungry
to find their place.

Next, pencil.
Broken tips and fat pink eraser marks,
and a left hand smudged silky grey
after hours practicing perfectly polished letters.

Then, pen swept in.
Fanciful blue, serious black, critical red
colored days filled with poetry and places,
staining my skin with its inky rainbow.

And typewriter!
Smooth keys transferring ink to page,
click-clack-dinging in response to my
story-loving heart.

Computer came next.
Blue screen, buttery yellow letters;
blinking, flashing cursor waited patiently
for words to fill the empty space.

But then, journal.
Lined, blank pages waiting to be filled
with scribbled words and captured doodles
in crayon, pencil, pen, and snippets of printed page.

3 comments:

  1. I like the circularity of this -- the line of progress curving back into "But then". There is such talk about the future of handwriting; I hope we see the wisdom of the journal and what it offers the brain and the imagination. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love so many lines here!! "...a left hand smudged silky grey after hours practicing perfectly polished letters." "...Fanciful blue, serious black, critical red
    colored days filled with poetry and places,
    staining my skin with its inky rainbow." You are one talented lady! (Even if it does take a long time for your ideas to percolate!) Great concept for a post... :) marika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! It was fun to write and reflect. :)

    ReplyDelete