4.30.2012

X: x-ing it all out


x
X-ING STUFF OUT
Being almost 40 means having a ton of history to learn from. Here are just a few of the things I’ve crossed out of my life:
  • Saying yes when I really don’t want to
  •  Assuming I have control in how anything outside my own sphere of influence turns out
  • Carrying around my father’s shame on my shoulders
  • Blending in to feel normal – God knows that just made me feel more abnormal! I’m pretty much okay with being the “quirky one” at this point. In fact, I wouldn’t want it any other way.
  •  Nightly Ben & Jerry’s (I miss you, Phish Food!)
  • Accepting blame when it’s not my fault
  • Funky socks (but I traded up to funky shoes, so this is a good thing!)

This list could go on for miles and miles, but then we’d all be trapped here forever. It’s best we tuck it away for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment