2.24.2004

Fat Tuesday?

Not so much.

Today I did something I have never done before. And what is hard is that I don't think I can tell anyone what I did or it loses its effectiveness.

I guess what is important is that I feel stronger for it and I feel closer to God.

I've read a lot about what to give up for Lent and was still struggling with the concept this year. I don't want to give up something self-serving, and giving up a sin seems a little ridiculous since we aren't supposed to be sinning in the first place. So unless I have a last minute change of heart, I am giving up meat and taking the money I would normally spend on it and saving it to give towards either things the children I'll be caring for in Costa Rica or a local benevolence center. Either way, I want this to be a time that I spend thinking of others and not myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment