3.31.2003

The highs:
the way the sunlight filtered through the window to warm me as I curled up on the couch
Daegan's contagious laughter
hugs from my students
Steven's giant smile and brilliant eyes moments after he won his first pinewood derby
an unexpected visitor that shares my heart
the psychologist that truly saw my child for who he is

The lows:
the medicine that just won't work that my body laughs at
the nurse practitioner that thought I didn't know my own child
my never-ending battle with my budget
facing the all too possible truth of Asperger's syndrome
falling further behind at work
realizing some goals will be left unmet, again

My apologies to those who have worried -- I am alive and well in Texas, but taking some much needed family time in the face of new and unwanted realities.


No comments:

Post a Comment