11.26.2001

All good things must come to an end. But why? Why must all good things come to an end? Can't some good things last? A few? I would like a few good things to last forever.

But nothing lasts forever.

I suppose you might appreciate this if you were lost in the middle of Sri Lanka or perhaps if suspended by your toenails (how on earth could anyone hold you by your toenails only, anyhow??) 30 feet above a pool of angry (due to the fact that nothing lasts forever, I'm sure) alligators... then, yes and only then, you might appreciate the fact that nothing lasts forever.

I however, am not a large fan of this. Nor am I appreciative that all good things must come to an end. I abhor the idea so much that it keeps me up at night, unable to sleep.

Thankfully, nothing lasts forever.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment