10.09.2001

Meet the man that is responsible for the terrorization of my children's school.

He's in the 4th grade photo, the only man there. His name is Robery Drury. He lives right here in Burleson. A couple streets away from one of my closest friends. He has taught in this school district for 18 years. And for some reason that I'm not allowed to know yet, he decided to place threatening phone calls for the past 6 days to my children's school. In fact, he threatened on a daily basis to shoot teachers and students. Of course, the school didn't actually tell us this until tonight, after his arrest.

I took my kids to school on 3 days when a man was roaming the streets, threatening to shoot the students. I don't know that I will be able to get over the fact that the school didn't find it necessary to tell me this. I don't know how I will ever feel safe taking my kids to school again. The ironic part? Had I not been sending my children to this special charter school, they would have been zoned to go to the school that the man worked at.

Robert Drury is now in jail, with a $100,000 bond. He's being held on 7 counts of exhibition of a weapon. The max jail time for one charge of that is 5 years. It's a 3rd degree felony. Somehow none of this seems like enough to me. I have never believed in revenge. I have never thought I would be the type of person that could feel true anger towards someone. But I do. Oh, how I do.

How can people be like this? What is it that takes a person that has taught for 18 years, been an upstanding citizen ... and turn him into a man that has no problem terrorizing small children?? I really, really do not understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment