2.24.2001

Thank you, Girl Scout cookies, for your delicious sugary sweet evilness. My heart loves you, but my hips do not.

Today has been a sleepy dream filled hazy day. The winds are tearing around my house, and all over the area trees and fences are crashing down, mucking up the streets and setting off myriads of car alarms. I feel like we just may see the wicked witch cycle by at any given moment.

I have started a new story. This is rare for me, as I mostly rant or write my little poetic attempts. But I had a flash of creativity, a little sampling of a story idea, and I am clinging to it and trying to work througha whole story. We'll see how it goes.

I get these images, sometimes, like watching a brief flash of a movie -- I see everything so clearly in my mind. But it's just one stillframe image, and I have to build around that. Sometimes I feel like my creativity is trapped in a faulty shutterbox, and I only get to see the benefits in bright flashes, followed by long, dark silences.

I am hoping that the more I write, the more 'flashes' of creativity I will get ... and maybe some day all those broken images will stream together into one fluid motion of thought.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment